Building a Creative Museum Together at The Brighton Digital Festival, UK – Friday 23 September 2016, 13.00-17.30
The event is co-chaired by Don Undeen, University of Georgetown (Washington DC) and former Senior Digital Manager, Met MediaLab (New York) and Jo-Anne Sunderland Bowe, Director, Heritec Limited and Project Co-cordindator, The Creative Museum project.
This special event for the Brighton Digital Festival is for museum professionals, digital specialists, makers, tinkerers, hackers – anyone who wants to look at museums in a new and interesting ways. This session will be fully participative – be prepared to come with lots of questions and an open-mind.
The event will be followed by networking opportunities and a drinks reception and has been organised as part of the Brighton Digtial Festival.
Supported by Clearleft / Sixty Eight Middle Street
With thanks to the Brighton Digital Festival.
- 13.00-13.30 // Registration, teas & coffees
- 13.30-13.35 // Welcome and Introduction to the format of the day, Jo-Anne Sunderland Bowe, Director – Heritec and Project Co-Coordinator
- 13.00-13.40 // Welcome on behalf of the Creative Museum project, Cecile Marson, Cap Science and Lead Project Coordinator
- 13.40-13.45 // Introducing the Recommendations for creating a creative museum, Jo-Anne Sunderland Bowe
- 13.45-16.00 // Presentations from the field and workshops
- Part 1: Connecting to communities – identification and outreach
- Part 2: Listening across cultures
- Part 3: Creating “Spaces for Yes”
- Part 4: Iterating towards success
- 16.00-16.30 // Final thoughts and conclusions
- 16.30-17.30 // Drinks and networking